Turn on 2-Step Verification
With 2-Step Verification, also called two-factor authentication, you can add an extra layer of security to your account in case your password is stolen. After you set up 2-Step Verification, you can sign in to your account with:
- Your password
- Your phone
Allow 2-Step Verification
- Open your Google Account.
- In the navigation panel, select Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” select 2-Step Verification Get started.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
- Click on voice or text message and make sure your cell phone is added there.
- Click on verify with code and a code will be sent to you.
- After this, your 2-step authentication should say "ON" and that means it's set up.
- At that point, you can try to log into your work email.
- If the 2-Step Verification does not say "On" then please add a recovery phone and recovery email and then it should show as "On". And log into your email.